The client believed that they had an effective backup capability with a high rate of compliance but didn’t have an independent way of technically validating the state of their backup and disaster recovery.
A backup technical audit was required, essentially a health-check to ensure the back ups are fit for purpose, operating to agreed service parameters, governed correctly, and utilising best practice across Process, People and Technology
We performed a deep technical audit and assessed the backup capability at a detailed level of information.
· Assessed whether the backup infrastructure was built as designed
· Assessed whether backup clients were deployed, in line with documented expectations
· Assessed whether the backup environments were operated, as expected in order to deliver the appropriate backup service
· The technical audit enabled the client to understand deficiencies in processes and where they need to focus on improvements
· We enabled issues to be highlighted and therefore the client can now remediate
· Identified where client is not backing up data when they should and gaps in disaster recovery
· Identified some key documentation gaps around why systems are not standard across the various regions
· Identified some cost related efficiencies
It gives the client an independent health assessment of their environments which now allow them to get funding for a service that's been traditionally underfunded and highlight the business impact of the gaps found in the audit. It allows the client to get support to remediate the issues.
Driving the waste out of IT costs through 3rd party contract efficiency, process and people.
Keeping your business safe and able to respond to the expected and unexpected.